Search the forum,

Discuss Humming noise when hot water tap is on. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

M

Michael678

When I turn on my hot water taps anywhere in the house, after about half a minute there is a humming noise all around the house. When I turn on the cold tap, the noise stops. Any ideas what is causing this humming noise?? Thanks Michael.

Do you have a hot water cylinder? If so, it sounds as though the ball valve might have gone on the tank in your loft. You can easily check by going into the loft whilst leaving the hot tap running and see if the noise is coming from there.

Alternatively, if you have an unvented (pressurised) hot water cylinder, the system needs servicing by a plumber qualified to work on unvented ('G3') systems.

Hi,

I've got the same issue. I've got hot water tank on landing, two tanks in the loft (cold water storage and feeder tank for radiators) and heat-only boiler in garage. The issue seems to be water hammer from the mains pipe into the cold water storage tank. There is a vibration plate there so I'm wondering do I just need to tighten up the nuts or something? To be honest, the issue only started when the ball valve was replaced a few months ago. I'm hoping I don't need to replace it? Any help would be appreciated?

Reply to Humming noise when hot water tap is on. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock