Search the forum,

Discuss Humming from unvented cylinder in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Before I start I am G3 qualified. As per usual I was asked to rectify a leak on a combination valve. I installed a like for like 3.5 bar valve, all good, however I I checked pressure in exp vessel to find no pressure at all (Never been serviced!) and in addition a non potable vessel. Advised this must be changed and the location/orientation of it should be improved. This is to be done imminently, had to order one. I re charged the existing one to just over 3bar and since refilling, when a hot tap is opened there is a humming emanating from the cylinder cupboard, this probably lasts about 10 seconds and then fades. Can anyone give me some idea possible cause, ie is it a faulty valve or the vessel.

Attachments

• tempImageK6YC4R.png
    tempImageK6YC4R.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 5
Think about it logically if it didn't happen before you changed the combination valve ?? then it must be a fault with the new one check your nrv , I fit flow through valves on the expansion vessels now as below I would definitely improve on the position and orientation of the vessel Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221130-055515.png
    Screenshot_20221130-055515.png
    201.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Think about it logically if it didn't happen before you changed the combination valve ?? then it must be a fault with the new one check your nrv , I fit flow through valves on the expansion vessels now as below I would definitely improve on the position and orientation of the vessel Kop
Thanks KOP. I did suspect possibly combi valve, I despair at the standard of fittings nowadays, kept thinking it must be the valve and then thinking no it can't be its brand new. Ill have to lay out for another replacement.

Reply to Humming from unvented cylinder in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good evening, I'd like your opinion on something that is worrying me please: my landlady's plumber replaced the bottom/night element of my 20-year-old unvented cylinder (an Ariston Classico HE STD 150) 5 days ago and I hadn't noticed that it was leaking. He fixed the leak today but now the...
Replies
Views
Hi, According to the regs, can I (homeowner/DIY-er) drain and refill an unvented cylinder myself, or does that require a plumber with G3 cert? Cheers
Replies
Views
Hi all, looking for some recommendations for a slimline indirect unvented cylinder to go with a new system boiler that we're having installed soon. Only need around 120/125 ltr for our usage and could possibly make do with 100. Been looking at a few different brands including the Megaflo which...
Replies
Views
hello we have an unvented system. we have an issue where the hot water is hot for 10 seconds and then luke warm, turn off taps / wait and turn back and it repeats itself. had boiler checked and told it was the expansion vessel. Had the expansion vessel drained and recharged. plumber told me...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m having issues with cold water to multiple outlets. Taps, showers, toilets cold water is fine at the kitchen sink. The hot water system is a Glenhill unvented cylinder. Hot water is fine at all outlets. I assumed the cold outlets not working were from the balanced cold from the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock