Search the forum,

Discuss Hudson Reed Tec Lever Wall Mounted Bath Filler - problem. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tanglefoot

Hi, I have Hudson Reed Tec Lever taps in my bathroom, which have been fine, but I have just had the bathroom re-tiled and the tiles fitted were thicker than the previous ones. The thickness of these new tiles is stopping me from fitting the Valve Collar Flange as there now isn't enough of the collar showing through for the flange to fit onto.

So, I was wondering if it was at all possible to get longer valves and valve collars?

I can't be the only person this happened to......can I.......? :thinking:

Also the valves have 2 plastic rings recessed into the valves which are degrading, I had to hold them in place in 2 or 3 pieces to slide the valves back in, so maybe it's time I replaced the valves anyway?

Any advice would be appreciated, especially of the sort doesn't suggest removing the new tiles and adjusting the plumbing!!

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hudson Reed Tec Lever Wall Mounted Bath Filler - problem. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up & made safe for now, have had affected pipe cut & put end caps on. Work required Full bathroom remove old tiles walls and floor. Renew tiling. New...
Replies
Views
I have a wall mounted bathroom tap that leaks. Presumably I need a washer of sorts replaced. I cannot work out which tool I need to remove the tap. There is a small hole (8mm?) to the side but I can’t seem to get a fixing from either a alum key or screwdriver. Ever hopeful…? Matt
Replies
Views
I'm having a nightmare trying to find matt black wall or deck mounted bath mixer taps with 3/4 fitting that work on 0.2 bar. From tank to tap, I have around 2.4 metres, so a pressure of a little over 0.2 bar. The flow measured from the tap currently fitted is 11 litres per minute. Pretty much...
Replies
Views
T
I booked a plumber to fit a wall mounted sink in my bathroom, but when his fitter took the old sink out the wall wasn't strong enough to support it. Fair enough, but before telling me it was no good he got his fitter to try fitting the sink. This rendered the sink unreturnable and now he expects...
Replies
Views
Hi all I had a new bathroom fitted about 4 months ago and all was fine until about a week ago. But now when I turn the lever to run the rain head there is a 30s delay until water starts coming out , very slowly then builds up to the flow I would expect. ( I can hear water running and filling up...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock