Search the forum,

Discuss HRM wallstar in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I fitted this boiler some 18 years ago it's now time for a upgrade and the client has asked me to find a suitable replacement , I am not really doing oil installs any longer so I would appreciate some guidance on a suitable replacement please , I did think of a external boiler but this may cause a dispute with the neighbors as it's a shared driveway and products of combustion would probably be more visible on a condensing oil boiler ? And take up valuable space in the driveway any suggestions gratefully received . Regards kop

Attachments

• PXL_20210727_145353102.jpg
    PXL_20210727_145353102.jpg
    599.9 KB · Views: 19
  • PXL_20210727_145428692.jpg
    PXL_20210727_145428692.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
The other option would be a HRM Wallstar mk 2. I believe a direct replacement for the HRM Wallstar post 1999.
Also was it you or the customer who attached the magnet to the fuel line?
Kerosene is considered non polar, which means the molecules can't be aligned and the magnet will have no effect on the fuel supply or combustion.

Not a fan of oil boilers on the wall.
Really impressed with the Hounsfield boilers, both for ease of install and servicing but haven't seen the wall mounted one.
My preference would be an external one with a plume management kit.

Not a fan of oil boilers on the wall.
Really impressed with the Hounsfield boilers, both for ease of install and servicing but haven't seen the wall mounted one.
My preference would be an external one with a plume management kit.

As you know mate I'm not working for reasons I don't want to go into on here but I have a number of associates who absolutely swear by the Hounsfield boilers. Like you said, easy to install, laid out correctly and a doddle to maintain. They have also switched to the Elco burner I believe ready for HVO transition and the Elco burner is a good, clean burning unit. Any problems with warranty Andrew himself usually deals with and I'm yet to hear any bad reviews of him or his product.
Having said that I might be wrong but like I mentioned above the Wallstsr mk 2 is a direct replacement for the mk 1, which means a replacement should be in and out nice and easy and I personally have never had a problem with a Wallstar and we had quite a few on our books.

I would agree with Simon re external boiler with plume kit.
If you do a like for like replacement and flue finishes in a similar position you will almost certainly have to fit a plume kit .
Probably won't be that much difference in distance off wall to what an extent boiler is .I know the external 21kw Grant is less than 400 mm.

Reply to HRM wallstar in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock