Search the forum,

Discuss HRM Wallstar in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plm

Having problems after servicing, HRM Wallstar oil boiler (not a combi). Air getting into clear oil line. Have pressure tested fuel line, OK, and replaced fire valve. Small air bubbles can be seen coming from FV and also in opp direction from pump. Give us a clue please

Thanks in advance

PLM

How long is the pull to the oil tank? also(stupid question time) how full is the oil tank? Is there a tiger loop fitted?

If the pull is long it can allow air that is traped in the oil to be released.

Last edited by a moderator:
Robtheplumb,
Sorry for late reply but only went back to job tonight as boiler failed again.

Fuel run is approx 5 metres horizontal from tank then about 1.5 metres vertical rise to Fire Valve/ Non Return Valve. Tank is bottom fed and about 3/4 full. There is no Tiger Loop fitted. Boiler apparently running ok until I removed burner to clean baffles etc. Small bubbles coming from fuel pump side and fire valve side, boiler also locking out at times even with minimal air in hose? No joy from HRM as to possibilites.

Thanks

PLM

Hi,

Sorry for jumping in straight after joining, but as unfortunately seems to be the way, I only find these useful forums when searching for solutions to a problem!

Anyway, I think I have a similar problem. My Wallstar keeps locking out and when restarted I can hear the air in the oil pump on the burner, but I don't know if it's a leak as such or just cavitating. It's fine until the weather gets very cold, then it usually stays running once it's started (so might lock out first attempt in the morning, but will then be OK all day), but now is locking out any time. So I'm assuming as the oil gets thicker it reaches a point where the pump can't pull through oil and either pulls in air from a leak or cavitates.

I'm wondering if the pump has just had it, but any ideas greatfully received! Just to add that I had the same behaviour last year when I found water in the tank filter which had frozen and blocked the line of course, but I got rid of that and now there's no sign of water/ice in the filter housing when it's cutting out.

Thanks,

Mark.

fitted new pump and problem seems to be fixed, no lock outs in last 2 months, air was coming back into fuel line from the pump when boiler was on standby & then when it tried to fire up the build up of air in the line caused lock out.

Thanks IggyFox!

I did suspect the pump and had even ordered one, but didn't want to fit it until I was more certain that was the cause. Reassured by your reply I've just fitted it and so far so good! The old one was quite oily around the drive shaft seal so I'm guessing the seal had worn and is where air could be have been leaking in.

Anyway, thanks again!

Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HRM Wallstar in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock