Search the forum,

Discuss How would I remove the hose inlet?! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, I'm new here so apologies firstly if this is posted in the wrong area, but I am after some advice please.

I'm an extremely DIY novice, but our Miele Washing Machine has encounted an error (check drain/ check inlet) over the weekend. After Googling and Youtubing I feel I have located one part I need to investigate.

But as you can see from the photo, I am unable to remove the inlet to clean the filter because of the unit (circled in red) hitting the other unit to the left of it (blue arrow indicating collision).

I can get it to turn 180 degrees, but as I say, it then hits the other pipe to the left of it and I am unable to remove the unit.

Am I missing something really obvious? Thank you so much in advance.
Kind Regards
Josh

Attachments

• thumbnail_13d782a7-4dd7-4b5c-ac8b-b4faa689c9c4.jpg
    thumbnail_13d782a7-4dd7-4b5c-ac8b-b4faa689c9c4.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 19
  • thumbnail_IMG_3503.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3503.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 19
Hi Josh,

It’s not the plastic unit that you undo, it’s the brass nu below it, and make sure you turn the blue lever tap just befor it to isolate, otherwise you’ll get very wet. Is your kitchen sink blocked or partially blocked? This would usually indicate these sorts of errors. Other thing to check, make sure you haven’t squashed the inlet hose when pushing machine back.

Hi Aquarius, thank you for the fast reply, ahh.. ok I will have another attempt then, as it didn't feel like the brass nut was moving in isolation from the white unit, maybe just very stiff. I'll give it another go. Thanks for the tip off with the blue lever tap, I had turned off the mains water just incase, but that will save me some trouble. I'll check the kitchen sink too, as we have been receiving a bit of a smell when the washing machine and or dishwasher are on. Have used sink unblockers, but may need to be more hands on. Ha.

Thanks again, I shall report how I get on. Really appreciate the help, I thought I was going mad, that there was no physical way to remove it. :)

Reply to How would I remove the hose inlet?! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock