Search the forum,

Discuss How to use existing oil boiler for UFH in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm renovating my house, taking out the wall mounted radiators and fitting an underfloor (in screed) heating system, but I want to keep the existing oil fired boiler.

If the UFH needs water at 25c and the boiler delivers water at 60c how do I avoid over heating the floor?

Can I fit a reservoir/tank in the UFH system so that the boiler isn't constantly turning on and off?

It's all possible provided you get someone competent to design and install it for you. If you are planning on doing this yourself, I would recommend reading the appropriate literature or going on a course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to use existing oil boiler for UFH in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a three zone heating system plus water cylinder (OSO Super S 250L) on an Valliant EcoTec 637. Two CH zones and a UFH zone. Boiler is rarely at maximum power rating, even at full tilt. The UFH zone has it's own pump and the other two zones (three storey house) are just pumped from the...
Replies
Views
Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators (includes 4 towel rails), a 6m x 4m orangery/conservatory that was built last year with under-floor heating, and a Megaflo for storing hot water. The UFH...
Replies
Views
G
HI folks, is it possible/feasible/reasonable to insatll an ufh manifold and system (for a 17m2 room) from a disused CH 15mm flow and return? I would install a 15 to 22mm reducer into a pump then a 2 port manifold then into the floor then. back into the return of the manifold. Its an old...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an 1904 redbrick 2,500 square feet house. We have UFH on every floor. 3 Floors House is reasonably well insulated but far from perfect. Would there be any point in installing a "air to water" heating system that could link into my existing UFH??
Replies
Views
I have two adjoining cottages, each with an identical UFH system downstairs. Both been going fine for around five years. But for the last few weeks, one of the systems doesn't seem to be running most of the time. Essentially the UFH does "work", in that I can turn the thermostat right up, and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock