Search the forum,

Discuss How to unblock a rad feed pipe and return post partially successful fresh water flushing? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All

My radiators were full of sluge/residue so I put in a flushing point and flushed then through with fresh water by connecting a mains hose to the system and then opening each rad in turn to flish through. This worked well for all the 7 radiators except 1 of them, the bathroom radiator. So I took the bathroom rad off the wall and flushed it both ways outside and it was fairly sludgey but then ran clear so fittted it back. But just before fitting it I checked the flow of both sides of the taps which normally connect to the radiator, the right hand had reasonable flow but the left has only a very small tricle so there must be a blockage in the pipe or value.

Background
  • 8mm pipe is used around the cottage for all radiators
  • There's no thermostatic values on the radiator in question.
  • The bathroom radiator had poor flow and poor heatng performance hence one of the reason for the fresh flush of the system.
  • Gas boiler, all other rads are operational and work ok.

How do I clear out the partially blocked pipe, ideas would be welcome?

I enclose photo's of offending bathroom rad, its 15 mm and steps down to 8mm unde the bath so its hidden.

Many thanks

Matt

Attachments

• 20211007_185909.jpg
    20211007_185909.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 20211007_185916.jpg
    20211007_185916.jpg
    384.7 KB · Views: 8
What I did was buy some small gauge wire and insert it down the pipe and rodded until the flow improved. Took me weeks to do on all the small bore pipe. Then fitted magnacleans on the flow to these radiators. Very satisfying when it worked.
How did you eventually fix your problem?
Would be interested to know as there may be an alternative solution to the one I used , particularly as mine was so time consuming.
Thanks.

Reply to How to unblock a rad feed pipe and return post partially successful fresh water flushing? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock