Search the forum,

Discuss How to tighten washing machine waste pipe in the Ireland area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

Need some advice with new washing machine waste pipe.

We have replaced our Indesit washing machine with a new Hisense model. The Hisense waste pipe is connected under the sink. It is slightly different from the Indesit, which means no matter how much we tighten it, it keeps loosening and lets water out. We did not have any problems with the Indesit waste pipe, it was just hand tightened and never came off.

I would have thought the pipe connections would be universal. Are new washing machines now coming with different types of pipe connectors? Any ideas on how to connect the pipe properly?

Thanks

I've added a few photos. No matter how much I tighten the hose, it keeps loosening.

Attachments

• 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 12
Cut the small spigot grips off where it starts to get bigger
Put some washing up liquid on the spigot big dia grips

Put a jubilee clip on the hose end loose you may need to remove the spigot for this next bit but push the hose on all the way to the threads and right the jubilee clip won’t come off

Reply to How to tighten washing machine waste pipe in the Ireland area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock