Search the forum,

Discuss How to tell if water is hard or soft? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Morning everyone,

When I wash my hands in the kitchen, basin or after a shower I have white chalky skin especially during winter time and I wondered why that is? In the summer it isn't much of an issue but is it hard or soft water and can anything be done about it.

Any information would be great thank you

How many kettles do you go through

Any information would be great thank you
Southwest Water has a thing on their website where you can enter your post code and get the water quality report, which includes hardness and lots of other interesting information. I imagine but haven't checked that other water companies do the same. If not, call their helpline and ask them.

If you've got a private supply you'll need to test as others have suggested.

Reply to How to tell if water is hard or soft? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi all - hoping to get some advice here on a plumbing issue in our house. When we are showering / filling the bath and another appliance draws water (toilet cistern filling after flushing, tap being turned on or washing machine filling etc), the water pressure / flow to the other appliance...
Replies
Views
Azonic
A
Morning everyone, if anyone could please offer advice on this issue it would help me with a massive issue regarding the water supply in my flat. My flat kitchen and bathroom was always on mains supply (no tank supply at all) and the rest of the 5 flats were mains supply to kitchen and water...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years old now and was amazing when it was first installed. Around a year ago we had a problem with water dripping from the overflow pipe outside and we ended...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or pressure dropping with unvented hot water cylinder system. During summer time there is no usage of central heating so the pressure at unvented system is not...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Is this set up correct: Attic stop valve turns off the cold water to my bathroom (I think it is the rising main in the attic which I and other residents in the building share as we have shared supply to bathrooms and kitchens) Under kitchen sink stop valve turns off cold water in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock