Search the forum,

Discuss How to stop water coming through a thermostat radiator in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I’ve just bought a type 22 to replace my old single radiator.
I’m stuck on the thermostat end of the pipe work. I need to stop the water coming through so that I can replace the old with new. I’ve read different things but I’m still confused on what to do with the thermostat dial as I don’t want to take it off and have the water flow out but also don’t really want to drain the whole system just to replace one radiator.
Any guidance available please!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 3
You will have to drain down as you will need to adjust the pipe work coming out of the wall as most likely the pipe centres will be further off the wall than existing

Thank you for the reply. I have noticed the distance difference although the brackets look like they’ll allow me to correct this distance thankfully.
I can not seem to find where the main shut off is either.

Reply to How to stop water coming through a thermostat radiator in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock