From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss How to stop toileting dripping constantly in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Ben-gee

Esteemed
Plumber
Inlet valve not shutting off completely.

Either because inlet valve is knackered - replace diaphragm, or replace whole inlet valve.

Or because flush valve is letting by, dribbling into pan. If this happens before cistern water reaches overspill level - then replace/clean flush valve washer.

ok I see. I can’t seem to find the excact inlet value anywhere online. Can I replace it with any one around ?

Ben-gee

Esteemed
Plumber
Yes you can, as long as it physically fits and the ‘float’ is not restricted by the cistern walls.

Ric2013

Plumber
If that's the original Armitage Shanks/Ideal Standard inlet valve, they never are that good, to be frank. Yes, just replace with another inlet valve.

I like the Torbeck Ecofil ones, but I'm sure every plumber has his or her favourite, so just with the flow. ;)

Ben-gee

Esteemed
Plumber
No. Unfortunately that lavatory was designed by a special tool.

You have to remove the cistern from the pan in order to remove the inlet valve, I know it’s daft but that is design over function for you.

Ric2013

Plumber
And then if you take the cistern off you will probably need a rather expensive Armitage Shanks doughnut washer which ain't the same as standard doughnut washers. Unless you bodge it with silicone which I would strongly recommend against.

If you aren't a plumber, it may be easier to service the existing valve and replace the diaphragm 'washer', if needed. See page 6 of link: https://fastpart-spares.co.uk/Instructions/E080601.pdf . Or call out a plumber?

Thanks for the replaces. So I ended up replacing whole fill value with the fluid master one as shown in picture. I have noticed a leak at pipe. Turned of the water value and still leaking and very wet around the piece where arrow pointing to on the picture.
about a cup of water over an 18hour period.

what would you recommend to seal it from leaking. Assume some form of washer as a permanent fix?

Thanks I’m advance for any help

Attachments

Ric2013

Plumber
Assuming you haven't overtightened the wing nuts, it would seem that the valve to cistern washer isn't sealing for some reason. Perhaps the inside of the cistern wasn't quite clean enough? Perhaps you (over or) undertightened the valve backnut?

Looks like you're down to taking the valve back out and having another go. I'd suggest you test the cistern before you refit it to the pan then you can be sure the leak comes from where I have suggested and not elsewhere.

Unfortunately toilets are easy when you know how, but the first few times you do it are a learning curve.

Reply to How to stop toileting dripping constantly in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Bulk Workwear - Workmans Clothing and Protective Gear
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Plumbing and Plumbers

Plumbing Workwear

Shower Power Booster

Plumbase Spares - Plumbing Supplies and Spare Parts

Water Underfloor Heating

CORGI Direct for Plumbers

The Wetroom Store

Plumbase Spares