Search the forum,

Discuss How To Stop Hot Water Tap Black Bits Debris? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello to All,

How To Stop The Black Bits Coming From The Baths Hot Tap?

Just recently it has been noticed that there have been some ‘Black Bits’ coming from the just the Baths Hot Tap.

This is not noticed when using the Cold Tap or any of the other Taps that are Mixer Taps.

The Hot Water Tap is from a Gravity Fed Cylinder.

I found an American Post, on another Forum that suggests that it could be from the inside of the Flexi Pipe used from the Plastic Hot Water feed pipe to the Tap.

I believe that this is quite likely to be the source of the ‘Black Bit’ or ‘Particles’ that have started to come out of the Baths Hot Tap.

Please be Safe and Well during this pandemic Coronavirus uncertainty.

Thank You in advance for your feedback.

Kind Regards,

Daniel > DC4_DIY

The hot tap washer breaking down ? The washer is rubber

The hot tap washer breaking down ? The washer is rubber
Hello Shaun,

Please accept my apologies for the delay with my reply to your response to my question posted.

I trust that you had a great Christmas 2020, and will have a prosperous New Year 2021, despite the Coronavirus Pandemic restrictions.

Moving Forward; I may have been fortunate enough to have resolved to plumbing issues at once.

Both the Bath Tap and Hot Shower Pump feeds share the Hot Water Cylinder outlet pipe.

A few months ago we had our loft insulated with spray foam insulation.
With the assumption that the open top Cold Water Header Tank was covered to stop any debris falling in to it.

After removing the flexible hose to the Bath Hot Water Tap and finding no debris or corrosion, by pulling a ‘J Cloth’ through it, I choose to check the Hot Water feed to the Shower Pump.

Fortunately for me and the Kitchen Ceiling below, I did have a towel to catch the water within the pipe and the Black Bits Debris.

It is assumed that the Black Bits Debris were from the Cold Header Tank via the Hot Water Cylinder.

Following this I removed all of the pipes from the Shower Pump, to find that there was some Debris within the Hot Water Feed Filter.

After cleaning the filter and re-connection of the Hot Water Pipes for the Bath and Shower Pump, there were no more Black Bits coming in to the Hot Tap in to the Bath.

And with about a 90 Degree Turn of the Shower Pump Boost Dial the Shower Pressure has been increased enough to know that you are having a shower…

(For Details Please See Other Thread; How To Stop Hot Water Tap Black Bits Debris?).

Please be Safe and Well during this Coronavirus Pandemic uncertainty.

Thank You in advance for your feedback.

Kind Regards,

Daniel > DC4_DIY

Reply to How To Stop Hot Water Tap Black Bits Debris? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock