Search the forum,

Discuss How to stop hinged shower screen from moving in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

We have a hinged shower screen attached to a bath. It swings backwards and forwards. However, we want to stop this movement so the screen stays in a fixed position.

Can someone help achieve this please.

Attachments

• 20230110_231854.jpg
    20230110_231854.jpg
    401 KB · Views: 16
just put a dap of silicone at the bottom of the screen .ie. forever clear or white.

I was going to apply the mastic all the way across on both sides.

But if your recommending a dab or two .. i may as well apply 2 inches of mastic on each side on both ends.

To stop it moving a dab just short of the end would suffice.
However if it leaks then a continuous bead is required.

Why do you want to stop it moving? It will be difficult to reach the taps when it is fixed.

If it’s because it moves during use - this would be solved by replacing the seal as suggested in post #3

No bath panel or it's removal might suggest it's been letting water by so it's an issue. Best replace the seal because as suggested above you'll want access to the taps or that part of the bath from outside at some point.

Last edited:

Reply to How to stop hinged shower screen from moving in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock