From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss How to stop a pan connector leaking when you can't remove the toilet to replace it. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Wetroom Store - Official Forum Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Hi all,

I'm hoping the title says it all - I've got a low level toilet in an old-fashioned community hall that is concreted to the floor and the pan connector is leaking. It's only a small leak thankfully but there's no way to get the toilet out without breaking the pan and opening up a world of plumbing hurt. I'm thinking about using a sealant that adheres to wet surfaces but that's about as far as I've got. Have any of you had this in the past and did you find a way of solving the problem with the pan in place? Many thanks!

heliotrope

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Try grasping the connector on either side with your hands and try to turn it.

If you can get it moving then give it a few twists in both directions and finish off
with the bottom facing the top.

This has worked for me in the past.

leelister6

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Denso tape. Looks ugly but will do the job

centralheatking

Esteemed
Plumber
Denso tape. Looks ugly but will do the job
Denso so will do it use gloves or a plastic bin liner to roll it on as its fully loaded with oily stuff. Wrap it round carefully from the soil pipe round the pan connector and press it down right on to the outflow from the pan. Then test it really well. One of our old fellas used to after testing sprinkle filler on the outside and then paint it white ...it’s a murky green mushy pea colour out of the pack
Centralheatking
Post automatically merged:

Try grasping the connector on either side with your hands and try to turn it.

If you can get it moving then give it a few twists in both directions and finish off
with the bottom facing the top.

This has worked for me in the past.
Only if it’s a horizantal outlet ...be carefull read abive re denso

Stigster

Esteemed
Plumber
I have made a temporary yet successful repair on pan connectors using CT1 sealant. It's just like silicon but sticks to wet surfaces and is easy to push into/around the join between pan and connector or connector and pipe. I've used both white and clear and if smoothed off before it dries it doesn't look bad.

Best

Esteemed
Plumber
Low level toilet should be possible to move flush pipe out?
The connector I would use Tec7 or CT1 as above post

Reply to How to stop a pan connector leaking when you can't remove the toilet to replace it. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Plumbase Perks - Special offers for forum members
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Bulk Workwear - Workwear Sponsor for Plumbers Forums
Corgi Direct - Plumbers Forums Sponsor
Wetroom Store - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net
Plumbase - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Plumbing Advice - Find Plumbers Jobs
Test4Less PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Power Shower Booster - Official PlumbersForums.net Sponsor