Search the forum,

Discuss How to seal a frameless shower screen in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

I've been grappling with this problem for a while now and figured I reach out for some advice. I have a shower screen that I'm struggling to figure out how to seal properly. It's a frameless 5mm glass screen that opens and shuts with 2 hinges. The problematic area is the the corner where I cant get 2 seals to meet properly in a way that stops water getting out and also doesnt tear up the silicone sealant when opening or closing the screen.

Anyone have a good idea how to fix this problem?

20200628_150141.jpg
20200628_150125.jpg

Reply to How to seal a frameless shower screen in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I had to remove the glass panels from this quadrant shower cubicle and I'm struggling to get one of the screens back in place properly. The small glass panel is supposed to slide into the wall channel, and some holes in the side of the channel (inside the cubicle) should align with some...
Replies
Views
Evening. I purchased a house 1.5yrs ago and the hinged shower screen has started to leak. I’ve tried several new seals and none seem to work. As you see by the photos the original is a double seal and the end by the hinge is solid plastic piece which has a screw in. I’m not seeing any branding...
Replies
Views
Hi Just moved into a house and in process of renewing sealant around the shower cubicle. Feel free to skip to the bottom to get the question! There’s a gap (20mm in length & 3mm height) at the bottom of the frame (where it meets the shower tray) closest to the wall that appears to have been...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the shower drain is actually extruded from the bottom of the shower base and I have concrete floor with the drain pipe rough in. I have the drain pipe...
Replies
Views
I'll start this by saying I'm hoping to sort this by diy / minimal professional help as I'm a very tight budget! I've got a walk-in shower in a wet room. The shower has a tiled-over former with an additional ring of tiles around it. When the shower's in use, a drip comes through into the room...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock