Search the forum,

Discuss How to resolve F05 error code on washing machine in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there,

I have an F05 error code on my hotpoint washing machine and think it related to a blockage.

Would anyone know how I can go about checking to see where the blockage is?

I assume I need to switch off my water from mains before I check?

Thank you!

There will be a pump filter that may be blocked, probably behind a drop down panel on the front of the machine.
Is the machine still full?

There will be a pump filter that may be blocked, probably behind a drop down panel on the front of the machine.
Is the machine still full?
Many thanks Mrb - I will have a look - I assume I just pull off the panel at base of machine obviously after turning off water mains.
There was only a little water left in machine and I managed to sponge it out! Now it's empty of water so Ill try looking at the pump -
Many thanks, I'll let you know how I get on - a bit nervous about taking panel off but I guess as long as water is off and I have a tray or container to catch an water from pump area I should be fine....

Many thanks Mrb - I will have a look - I assume I just pull off the panel at base of machine obviously after turning off water mains.
There was only a little water left in machine and I managed to sponge it out! Now it's empty of water so Ill try looking at the pump -
Many thanks, I'll let you know how I get on - a bit nervous about taking panel off but I guess as long as water is off and I have a tray or container to catch an water from pump area I should be fine..

Hi there - i have taken off the panel on washing machine to check filter but the filter wont turn. is there a way in which i can get it to turn ? i am turning anti clockwise but it's just stuck!

Instead of well intention probabilities why not find the answer on hotpoints own website?
I did this recently and found the fix in a few minutes.

Instead of well intention probabilities why not find the answer on hotpoints own website?
I did this recently and found the fix in a few minutes.
i did go to HP website and followed their video - the problem was that the filter screw cap wouldn't rotate but we have managed it with some pliers and fund a sock covering the cap hence it was stuck! Now cleared the blockage
[automerge]1589466430[/automerge]
would you advise running a cycle with no clothes in or a rinse to check?
[automerge]1589466431[/automerge]
would you advise running a cycle with no clothes in or a rinse to check?

Reply to How to resolve F05 error code on washing machine in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock