Search the forum,

Discuss How to replace a Baxi 105E microswitch? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi
Looking to replace the Baxi 105E microswitch but Worried about getting the white connectors off without damaging the wiring.

has anyone done it and if so is there a trick to getting the connectors off?

Attachments

• 7535881A-5405-4AF0-A8D5-CEB26226BA91.jpeg
    7535881A-5405-4AF0-A8D5-CEB26226BA91.jpeg
    784.8 KB · Views: 24
Thank you for your response, I have now changed the microswitch which I was hoping would get rid of my intermittent 60 degree error (low pressure or pump fault) pressure is at 1.5 bar and I can hear the pump. Basically I get hot water fine and then at some point after, the error 60 comes on, I have also changed the diaphragm and greased the push rod..not sure what is left to try

They are just covered spade connectors so just either grab and wiggle them or use a flat screwdriver to lever them up
Thank you for your response, I have now changed the microswitch which I was hoping would get rid of my intermittent 60 degree error (low pressure or pump fault) pressure is at 1.5 bar and I can hear the pump. Basically I get hot water fine and then at some point after, the error 60 comes on, I have also changed the diaphragm and greased the push rod..not sure what is left to try

Pull off by hand or pliers. With power off.

You need to rebuild the whole diverter valve

As I guess you’ve replaced the front diaphragm washer

You are correct, I replaced the diaphragm which did have a rip, when you say build the diverter, I assume you mean only on the DHW, as not having any symptoms on the CH. Do you mean replacing the spring, mushroom and pushrod as in the attached link to the service kit: Baxi combi 80e & 105e DHW Hot Water Diaphragm, Repair Kit with plate 5111137 7824400586123 | eBay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Baxi-combi-80e-105e-DHW-Hot-Water-Diaphragm-Repair-Kit-with-plate-5111137-/273291486363?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

The pump proving switch isn’t on the hot water diaphragm it’s the one behind that one

what’s the fault other than the code

watch the rear microswitch when the fault happens

The pump proving switch isn’t on the hot water diaphragm it’s the one behind that one

what’s the fault other than the code

watch the rear microswitch when the fault happens
After every 4th or 5 th time the hot water has been run, at some point, the fault light comes on. I don’t believe it is whilst the hot water is running or straight after it has run but at some point after. If you leave it with the 60 light flashing, eventually it will go off. Thinking the pushrod might have been slow to retract but have watched it and it seems ok, did clean and grease it.

The front diaphragm doesn’t control the pump the rear one does

That’s the pump proving one so providing your info is correct should fix your problem or it’s a weak pump

Sorry, I have one last quick question, when I replaced the DHW diaphragm, I just turned the Mains off and ran the hot tap until there was no more water. Am I able to do the same when replacing the CH diaphragm or do I have to drain the boiler?

Have to drain the heating system if your upstairs and above the radiators only need to drain the boiler but if your downstairs need to drain everything above the boiler

Have to drain the heating system if your upstairs and above the radiators only need to drain the boiler but if your downstairs need to drain everything above the boiler
Thanks for all your help, so just so I am clear if you are replacing the DHW diaphragm you just need to turn mains off and run tap but if you are changing the CH diaphragm you have to drain the boiler? I will also get some fernox inhibitor when I do drain it down

Correct and anything above the boiler

Reply to How to replace a Baxi 105E microswitch? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a very strange issue with my BAXI 105e DHW. if i turn on the hot tap the pump starts and demand for DHW is shown, after a some seconds it will show an error, 60 degree, pump or flow. Well switch the tap off wait maybe fifteen seconds turn tap on and low and behold hot water. If after a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Quick question. I have a baxi 105e instant that has a Diverter valve issue. The bypass is allowing hot water around the bypass pipe and into the CH return pipe. I have looked at a rebuild kit and it seems that there are 2 listed. One is a cartridge type and the other more a kit. My...
Replies
Views
Hi all,new to the forum and hoping to get some guidance through the boiler minefield . We moved into a 70s bungalow last Feb,its got a Greensted 241 junior mark 3. The expansion tank has failed, also it has a Boss therm sender unit wired to it but the previous owner didn't leave the receiver...
Replies
Views
Hi all. After some advice before I get some quotes. I have a 19 year old baxi 105e instant that needs replaced for something more efficient. I’m looking for suggestions for another baxi combi boiler that can be changed over with minimum work. My flue is side exit from the boiler (approx 1m to...
Replies
Views
Hello I need to replace my Grohe Geotherm shower cubicle mounted control unit. Its around 17 years old but replacements seem to be available The main hot / cold water control unit is in the loft, I think its working ok How do I get the replacement cubicle control to connect to the loft unit...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock