Search the forum,

Discuss How to remove this bad boy.... in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

So I've been told this relatively simple... However in my world nothing is ever that simple!!

I have a leak which is now identified however for the life of me I can't see how to remove this fitting to reseal.. Any help or should I just cut beneath the joint and then replace the entire fitting with push fit đź‘Ť

It's the 90 degree bend I am looking at (plastic and copper)

Ta in advance
Screenshot_20200610_192224_com.facebook.orca.jpg

The official stance is you can’t there one shot

now there should be some holes in the blue collar / ring get a set of circlip pliers and insert the ends into a hole either side and turn the pliers (undo) keep going until the blue piece comes out you should be able to disassemble now just cut the stainless ring off with some snips

OK dokes, so it's better to just cut away and lengthen the onward connection to the toilet then...

It's a little messy behind there when the original plumber fitted it, they haven't left much room to get to the fitting but I reckon could squeeze a push fit job on there if I just chop it off...

Reply to How to remove this bad boy.... in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi learned friends. A "plumber" has installed a shower for my daughter. However it doesnt look right. This part circled isnt on any pictures I've found of the shower on the internet. It looks like a hex key may fit the inside? The picture on the right is how it should look. I've no idea why...
Replies
Views
We had an Aqualisa rise shower fitted about 4 years ago - the rail has no screws - there is a locking mechanism and a tool provided to remove it. Unfortunately the fitters fitted our rail upside down so the locking mechanism is at the top so difficult to see (and against the wall). The aqualisa...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing with it as a matter of course. If I'm wrong can someone let me know and I'll shift it to a better place.] I have a condensing boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Haven’t been on here for a while but looking for some advice on Ideal Standard soft close toilet seat E791701. We’ve got three of these but the newest one has a different design & I can fathom how to remove it for cleaning! I’ve googled it with no success. There appears to be no...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the branch) and plan to place it the opposite end of the room. I was pretty lucky to find a 110mm sewer waste pipe below the old sink which is the new...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock