Search the forum,

Discuss How to remove gas fitting from wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear All,

We have this (see attached) pipe fitting next to an old brick fireplace that seems to be a gas fitting. We want to remove it but don't know how. The screws holding the bracket to the wall are behind the silver fitting and are difficult to get to with a screwdriver. Ideally we would remove the silver fitting first, but do not know how.

Many thanks!View attachment 39166

Is it dead eg not live with gas ?

Dear All,

We have this (see attached) pipe fitting next to an old brick fireplace that seems to be a gas fitting. We want to remove it but don't know how. The screws holding the bracket to the wall are behind the silver fitting and are difficult to get to with a screwdriver. Ideally we would remove the silver fitting first, but do not know how.

Many thanks!View attachment 39166

Hi Adam,

I can’t view attachment. As per Shaun, does this pipe contain gas or has it been disconnected?

Sorry guys, I don't know why the attachment didnt work, thanks anyway for your responses. I removed the end screw and internal screw to check for gas and it is not live. I don't know how to tell if it is a gas risk though.
IMG_20190615_104820.jpg

Sorry guys, I don't know why the attachment didnt work, thanks anyway for your responses. I removed the end screw and internal screw to check for gas and it is not live. I don't know how to tell if it is a gas risk though.View attachment 39220

Looking at that probably drops from the loft, possibly disconnected there or by meter.

If you have any inkling that it’s live the DO NOT touch

I just didn’t like the advice above to cap it either way in case it is live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to remove gas fitting from wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock