Search the forum,

Discuss How to remove actuator from Drayton Mid Position Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

My Mid Position Valve has been playing up for years.. But a little tap, jet of air, or some lube seems to sort it.

This year its failing more often than working, so its time to change it.. I have sourced a new value and was surprised to see that it had a black button on the side of the actuator, which releases a clip at the back where it can easily be removed.

However, I don't have the same on the old valve and have no idea how to remove the actuator.. Because its installed pointing into the depths of the airing cupboard so its not easy to get a close look.. So does anyone know how to remove it?

I have attached a photo of the rear.

The part number from the original is 679H340-30L0.. I really hope the new MA1/679-3 I bought will fit it.. I assume so, but am having doubts now.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Jon

CIMG0130 small.JPG

the old ones didnt come off time to replace the whole valve

Reply to How to remove actuator from Drayton Mid Position Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, my first post here so go easy on me... 😄 I have Danfoss HPA2 motorised valves fitted to my heating system and one of them is giving me problems again. Typical as its the same one I replaced in December 2022. The heating never came on today so I checked the valve and the lever on...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a fully pumped heating system fitted with a Drayton MA1 diverter, after the summer run the heating stopped coming on, so I replaced the Actuator head, however I have found the actuator is stuck on H (Heating), I have turned down both heating and cylinder stat - still stuck on H. The...
Replies
Views
We are considering buying a house which currently has a 20 year old Ideal Icos boiler, so we're factoring in replacing the boiler soon. Current boiler is on an external kitchen wall with the flue going straight out. However, it's positioned in between a door and the kitchen window, quite close...
Replies
Views
This is driving me bonkers! I have a Jaquar shower mixer unit - which has started to leak from the diverter cartridge. I think it's an early Florentine model circa 2006 though not 100% sure. I've removed the faceplate, unscrewed the chrome collar - and now want to extract the diverter...
Replies
Views
G
Hello Since moving into my property in 2016, I must have been through 5 or 6 mid position valves of various makes. I am just about to swap over the current Drayton MA1 which was installed 8 months ago because it now has the same fault as all the previous ones. The fault is that sometimes (not...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock