Search the forum,

Discuss How to program hot water? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi and apologies in advance for a bit of a beginner's question.
I have recently moved house.
We have gas central heating, powered by a Worcester bosch Greenstar 18i boiler, controlled by two Randall TP5 room stats (2 zone system)
I can't for the life of me work out how we program the hot water (the house has an unvented WB tank) - I dont seem to be able to do it via the room stats.
Any ideas or where I should look for a separate hot water timer?
Thanks,
David

Thanks for your reply, I have attached a couple of photos.
I have also spoken to the previous owner who said the 'hot water is on all the time' .
This is obviously nonsense, but looking at the system/photos, what I think is happening is the tank has a thermostat and triggers the boiler when the water in the tank drops below that temp. The boiler certainly fires up if I increase the temperature on the thermostat marked A in the photo.

Whilst I think I now understand what is going on, this does seem a strange way of doing things - not had this in any other house with an unvented tank that I have lived in before. Does anyone know if this is a good thing or why it might have been set up like this?

Thanks,
David

Attachments

• IMG_2804.jpg
    IMG_2804.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2803.jpg
    IMG_2803.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 10
It could be wired so the only control for the hot water is the tank stat

And then obviously when the water gets up to temperature the boiler will switch off

Reply to How to program hot water? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

G
I've just bought a 3-floor house with a gas boiler on the ground floor and hot water tank on the middle floor. When I switch on the hot water at the timer panel, it works but it also heats up all the radiators above ground floor. I have to close them individually to stop this. The rads aren't...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always amazed at the water pressure so on the odd occasion that the water was only luke warm it was easily forgiven, but over time we have come to realise that...
Replies
Views
Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a megaflo unvented indirect cylinder (125i) boiler is a Worcester greenstar. I have good pressure on the cold feed and all the usual stuff works, taps...
Replies
Views
The problem is, my ideal boiler logic heat h15 keeps on burning (igniting flame icon on) all the time, all day long, regardless of the programmed on off schedule for both heating and hot water. when we have the heating turned off from the thermostat programmer (danfoss tp9000ma-si), i.e frosted...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank upstairs in the house. We have an issue where if the boiler isn’t set to 80c then the boiler will short cycle, the hot water tank thermostat is set at...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock