Search the forum,

Discuss How to open Reliance tpr valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chris3234red

I wonder if someone could give me advice.
i need to manually open a reliance tpr valve on my megaflo to try to recharge the air bubble as water is dripping from the valve into the overflow but am unsure how to open it.
i do not want to force it,do you twist the cap and pull ,or just pull the cap out,is someone could give me instructions that would be great.
Cheers

call in a plumber with unvented quals to replace the leaking tpr, then gwt him to recharge it when problem solved and show you how if req dont mess with unvented cyls they can pop

The instructions to recharge the air bubble on the MegaFlow are clearly printed
on the side of the cylinder. Follow these and you cannot go wrong.

This is a simple process. No need to to get plumber to do this job.

[QUOTE=Thanks very much for your replies,I will get a plumber in once I have tried to recharge the air bubble but I don't feel I've done this successfully yet.

The instructions are there,

I shut off the mains

I opened the lowest hot tap and the water flow from the tap stopped after about 5seconds.

I then tried to open the tpr valve to get some water to flow through it (I have read it could take 20 mins to drain the cylinder to below the valve),but I,m mot sure whether I should twist the black cap and pull,it open or just pull.
It may sound daft but I don't want to break it and use excessive force.

So I feel I have not yet successfully recharged the air bubble.
if I can do this procedure and it doesn't work I will then get a plumber who can work on unvented.
It must be a safe procedure or the manufacturer would not give instructions for the general public.
i just wanted a brief description of how to open the pressure valve.currently the cap feels like one of those child safety caps on a bottle.There,s some play in it left to right about 10 degrees but I've not managed to pull it open as I am unsure how hard to pull it.i must be a numpty,but I'm just cautious.
Cheers

Twist pal, with lowest tap open and get the wife to hold it still twisted whilst you have a cuppa, may take 10 mins until the water empties from the top of the floating baffle, when the tap stops and air noises stop from T&p valve, realise valve, close hot tap, turn cold back on, leave to fill,for 2 mins then open hot taps to purge any air....

no problems giving out this info, as it printed on the side and supposed to be done every 6 months anyhow!

You should have the megaflo checked by G3 engineer if problems persist!

Im with heilo, he Valve may not even need replacing and you dont need an unvented ticket to refill the air bubble. Do that and if that doesn't work then get an unvented guy in.

Thanks a lot I will try that,we have recently taken over some premises with this system in and the system had been serviced and new immersion elements put in ,but I'm sure it's over 6months ago and the air bubble will not have been replenished that's why I'm trying this first.
Thanks very much for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to open Reliance tpr valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock