Search the forum,

Discuss How to get this shower arm fitting off? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

What kind of fitting is this, I am unable to take this off by turning it like a normal shower arm fitting, its missing a screw but does not seem to make any difference, as in its not too loose.

Any help in taking this off is really appreciated.

Thank you,
John

Attachments

• 001.jpeg
    001.jpeg
    60 KB · Views: 17
  • 002.jpeg
    002.jpeg
    37.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 003.jpeg
    003.jpeg
    35.5 KB · Views: 18
guess you guys are correct, let me try an Allen key and see if I can get this off.

Still is a weird design as I was looking to replace it with a standard shower arm which can be turned and screwed into the pipe, hope I dont find some bespoke fitting when I remove this :)

I suspect you're going to be unlucky.
It'll be a brass spigot wth a slot / dimple / flat on the side for the screw to lock into, with a "o" ring (or 2) to seal into the chrome dropper.

The visible chrome plate looks to be fixed to the original plasterboard ceiling then the decorative finish has been cut and fixed over it, trapping it.

You'll most likely need to cut away the decorative finish to expose then remove the chrome base to be able to fit a replacement of you're choice which will need to have a base larger than the new hole.

Imagine a glass made from Brass stuck to the ceiling upside down where the arm goes inside the glass.

Reply to How to get this shower arm fitting off? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello! Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things. Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has increasingly become harder to operate. The shower was installed before I moved into the house. Basically what happens is that I turn the shower on so there's...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a shower tower fitted and my flexi pipes (500mm) are about 7cm short of where they need to be to fit onto the mixing valve in the back of the shower. I cannot move the shower up and the next longest flexi pipe I can find is 900mm, which is about 830mm longer than I need.. Would a 15mm...
Replies
Views
I have a traditional style bath tap with shower attachment via a diverter. The lever no longer moves, and so I managed to unscrew the lever arm and the brass (colonial) piece, exposing the plastic diverter valve. Unfortunately, I am stumped as to how to get access to the diverter valve, as the...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I currently have one of these shower heads fitted in my bathroom : Milan Rectangular Rainfall Shower Head + Water Blade | Victorian Plumbing UK -...
Replies
Views
Jarrod
J
A
I'm replacing the shower cartridge on my Bristan 1901 Thermostatic Exposed Dual Control Shower (Top Outlet). I have removed the cap and screw but the temperature handle won't come off. Am I missing something or does it just need more force?
Replies
Views
AlexTTT
A
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock