Search the forum,

Discuss how to get my oil qualifactions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

P J F PLUMBING

hi guys how do i get into oil. im domestic commertial industrail and lpg already want to get into oil any help would be good cheers in adavance pete

same as gas, experience and training and then you start to learn on your own

Call OFTEC and they will let you know your nearest training centre. You'll have to buy the technical books too.

It's not hard, but if you can work with an experienced oil engineer you will learn loads more than the colleges will teach you.

I have a mate I can call if I get stuck as I'm more experienced with gas than oil (done oil for years, but not so much of it).

And there is this forum which can be so helpful.

I was a bit stumped with an oil fired boiler today. I'll post it up tomorrow. Took lots of nice piccies for everyone.

give it a few years and u to can end up looking like croppie, and i dont believe thats photo imaging, more years of single malt

hi guys any ideas on costing traing registitons ect cheers in advance

A days training at Worcester Bosch is ÂŁ60! Thought that was quite reasonable. Introduction to oil, spend the whole day installing and serve cing, no commissioning though.

well i did my oil course in ireland also joined oftec but found it not much use have not done a single service on oil or gas for that matter Best of luck hope you have better luck than me

well i did my oil course in ireland also joined oftec but found it not much use have not done a single service on oil or gas for that matter Best of luck hope you have better luck than me

Whereabouts in Ireland Daveyboy? And where did you train?

Booked in for my training 11th of feb 4 days books and thinking yeah !

Just being nosy, can I ask how much? Cheers! Also give me some feed back when you've been...

im paying just under a grand that includes all my traing books and assesments i will give feedback afer i have been After ive completed this corse i will be industral commertial domestic gas engineer also i have my LPG and then i will be OIL all good

im paying just under a grand that includes all my traing books and assesments i will give feedback afer i have been After ive completed this corse i will be industral commertial domestic gas engineer also i have my LPG and then i will be OIL all good

What experience have you had with oil? and what you looking to do once you have your quals? service? / install?

ive had a little bit of experiance in oil few installs when working with someone and ive changed about 15 to gas and a few to LPG but no servicing but looking to open a lot of doors as i work in a LPG house and next door wants work doing but it oil so cant do it

Are you a ciphe member? Worcester give a 15% training discount, thought that was quite good.

there is no differance between the two ive removed it from van ect just says domestic commertial LPG & OIL

HELLO CROPPIE
DID MY OIL TRAINING IN DUBLIN CHEVRON SERVICES good course 1000euros BUT you will do it cheeper up north also did my ACS for gas in belfast good course far better than the course i did on gas in Dublin Well as i allways say far better training in uk then in DUBLIN Far better tex books etc Doing service down here for 49.95 does not cover driveing to job And for that service they dont do letbuy test might do soundness test dont strip down burner or clean dont check heating side and dont check pressure at gas valve PLUS if they fit condensing boiler most of the time 15mm going to boiler when it should 22mm result under gassed most of the flues i have seen you can nearly hang your coat on to long DAVE01

Difference between industrial and commercial ?
In the good old days commercial= shops, hotels, schools, nursing home etc industrial = more factory based generally with heaters and process burners etc Thats how it was defined whilst I was at BG!

i was genuinly wondering wasnt trying to catch you out !

i thought it was differant but realized after it was the same so changed it now im hoping to be getting into oil so i can do practically any thing

domestic comertial LPG & OIL

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to how to get my oil qualifactions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock