Search the forum,

Discuss How to get an out of state plumbing job when many other states require licensing in the U.S.? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

I am actually posting this question for my spouse. We are looking to move states. The state we are currently allows plumbers without a license to work in a plumbing company under someone with the required licensing. Currently, my spouse is considered an apprentice.

We are seeking to move for other reasons that are quite necessary, but we have found other states require an apprentice to register first, but they need a job first in that state it seems like.

Is anyone able to provide us information on states such as TN, TX, FL, IN, OK, and others to give us an idea on what to do?

Will an apprentice in other states have to take quite. a bit of a pay cut? The current wage is quite good, but us moving, as I said, is really necessary. Otherwise, we wouldn't be moving.

We're not sure how to get setup or where to begin the process as my spouse needs to be able to get work quickly when we move and at a pay rate that is at least currently being offered. My spouses experience is almost two years, but has quite a bit of skill and knowledge already, and drives a truck alone.

Have you tried the licensing boards directly in those states for their requirements and how to meet them. Nothing better than straight from the horses mouth.

Reply to How to get an out of state plumbing job when many other states require licensing in the U.S.? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock