Search the forum,

Discuss How to fix outside tap in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have this outside tap and a while ago it stopped turning off completely. The water almost stops flowing but then it'll click and the water is back to full pressure, no matter how much you turn the tap to the off position, it just keeps spinning. As you can see from the photo, I've had to put a clamp on it to stop the water from continually flowing...
I'm wondering if I need to take the tap apart and fix something inside? What that something inside is exactly? Or do I need a whole new tap??
Any help appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• 20220914_144357.jpg
    20220914_144357.jpg
    472.7 KB · Views: 20
Yesterday i bought an outside tap from merchants for £4.87 - it took maybe 3 minutes to exchange it. It could easily take longer than that to dismantle your tap, and it may not be repairable anyway…

Looks maybe 3/4

Reply to How to fix outside tap in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’ve lost the pressure from the outside tap. It was working fine. I have checked the washer on the outside tap and the inside stop valve seen in the picture. Not sure what the thing is to the right of the stopcock? I’ve also taken the inners out of the outside tap and turned on the water again...
Replies
Views
I had an outside tap fitted by a professional plumber last autumn. During the recent cold weather the feed pipe under the kitchen sink froze and the compression joint where the pipe enters an isolation valve now leaks. The outside tap was covered for the winter by an insulating blanket. I...
Replies
Views
I have been trying to turn off my outside tap for winter. When I turn the valve under the kitchen sink, it fails to stop the outside tap from running. This valve does seem very stiff. I am assuming I have to turn the value clockwise since if I turn it anti-clockwise it actually starts dripping...
Replies
Views
C
Hi I have an outside tap that has suddenly stopped working. Tap has been taken off and there is no water flow and has not been turned off under the sink it’s all on as it should be. Has t been used over the winter but now wanting to use ready for spring/summer. Any ideas?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I need to change the washer on the dripping hot tap in the photo, does anybody know how to remove the dome tap handle, there's no fixings or grub screw anywhere, thanks
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock