Search the forum,

Discuss How to fix leaking tap in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello there.
IMG_20221010_210116.jpg
IMG_20221010_210130.jpg

I wanted to ask more experienced users if there is any possibility of repairing the leaking tap like on the photo.
The apartment is not mine and my landlord hasn't really wanted to fix it for over a year. The plumber sent by him said that he could not repair it and would have to replace the entire bathtub (!)
Please advise how to fix it.

Thank you very much for your interest in the topic.
Today I finally have free time to start doing it.
Unfortunately, but the nut is so tightly attached to the tap handle that I am not able to separate these two parts.
So far I have tried to use WD40 but no luck.
Any advice on how to deal with this?

Boiling water over the tap / running hot hot water for 5 mins then try be carful as it’s hot

Boiling water over the tap / running hot hot water for 5 mins then try be carful as it’s hot
I will try this. Thx.

In the meantime, I tried to see if I could replace the taps (the "plumber" sent by my owner almost a year ago said it was impossible to change the taps and he had to replace the bathtub!)
I noticed that the tube for cold water(2) is thinner than for hot water. I would like to ask for help in choosing flexible connections.

Attachments

• IMG_20221017_140254.jpg
    IMG_20221017_140254.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20221017_140247.jpg
    IMG_20221017_140247.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 11
15mm - 3/4 flexi and a 22mm - 3/4 flexi and you would need separate club taps bath / 3/4

Access and how much fight they hand coming out is a big thing can be anywhere from 2 hours to half a day

Where I can buy female to female 15mm - 3/4 flexi and a 22mm - 3/4 flexi ? I have checked Screwfix but from the photo looks like ends of a connector are different(men-female) where should be almost the same(female - female) or should I use:
screwfix - 52588 with screwfix - 6368g and screwfix - 71287 with screwfix - 95563??

Last edited:
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/flexible-tap-connector-15mm-x-x-300mm/9989g

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/flexible-tap-connector-22mm-x-x-300mm/4864g

Have to cut the copper and tighten onto the pipe

I am looking for the simplest solution that does not require any cutting.
It prefers to use adapters / reducers - whatever you call it. I want to replace it quickly, because as I mentioned it is not my home, so I would like to spend as little time as possible on it. I am extremely grateful for all help and advice. Thank you very much :)

I think the simplest solution would be to use connectors you proposed together with Straight Coupler 15/22mm with Compression Olive 15/22mm

Last edited:

Reply to How to fix leaking tap in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock