Search the forum,

Discuss How to fix leak after installing new kitchen tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Recently installed a new kitchen tap, installation went smoothly until tightening the second flex pipe onto the existing pipework when tightening the whole section just started to spin round. It spins in either direction with no direction seeming to tighten anything, not loose enough to turn by hand mind you. Now when the water is turned on water pours out of the bottom of the fixing. Looking for advice on how to fix as this was supposed to be an easy job and cant turn water on in house until this is fixed because the isolator has siezed and had to turn off the stopcock to attempt this job in the first place, thanks in advanced for any help (pic attached in case my description is lacking)

20190221_140149.jpg

All of that need to be removed and put 2 x 15mm full bore isolation valve on the pipes then a new small piece of 15mm pipe and then 2 x 15mm x 1/2 compression couplers.

C88027B0-1DC5-4500-BFD0-1AEB0C671497.jpeg

Errm sorry Wayne but what about the two NRVs? They DEF need to stay!

Looks to me as if the old olives for the compression fittings need removing and new ones fitting. Do agree completely about the FB ISOs

Have you tried tightening the individual components first, using two spanners or a pair of grips and spanners holding one to prevent spinning and the other to tighten?

Errm sorry Wayne but what about the two NRVs? They DEF need to stay!

Looks to me as if the old olives for the compression fittings need removing and new ones fitting. Do agree completely about the FB ISOs
Sorry mate. Misread the OP. Thought it said taps;)

Need to tighten the bottom but more

As you look at it needs turning to the right while holding the top hex on the same part / fitting not by hand need tools eg grips and adjustable spanner

Reply to How to fix leak after installing new kitchen tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock