Search the forum,

Discuss How to fix a squeaky acrylic shower base in a condo? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello everyone,

I moved into a condo unit and it came with this nice glass enclosure shower. Its one of those with 2 sliding glass doors on an acrylic base.

I believe the brand is Ove Decors, the model is Montebello.

So i noticed lately that when i am showering, stepping on certain areas on the base creates this loud creak. I am 220lbs so this only happens to me, not my kids.

What i noticed is that the creaking is actually flexing the base around the edge, the caulking is flexing and i can see there are cracks in the grout and caulking.

Since this is a condo, i have no chance of looking at this underneath the base, I also do not have much experience with plumbing, let alone fixing the entire shower area.

I read some forums that advised others with similar problems to redo the entire base and pour a proper levelled bed before laying the base.

I thought of an "out of the box" solution and i want to run it by the forum. What if i took a .5 inch drill bit and drilled a hole in the base and pour though the hole any foam or cement mixture to fill up the void between the foundation and the base? I have seen some compound that can be used to fill up the hole, yes the colours will be different, but i just do not want to replace the entire glass door enclosure.

Any ideas?

Reply to How to fix a squeaky acrylic shower base in a condo? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock