Search the forum,

Discuss How to fix a drippings tap from tiles. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

J

Jordnotts

Hello, new to forum can anyone please advise how to fix a tap that constantly drips, it is a mixer but each handle comes separately through tiling. There's the hot control, tiling, tap, tiling, and then the cold tap. Best example I can show without photo is:

Hot tap cold
□ ● □ ■ □ ● □
Tile tile tile tile

Probably needs new washer(s) and (possibly) valve seat(s) regrinding, or, if a quarter-turn mechanism, new ceramic cartridge(s).

Without seeing the item I cannot be more specific than that, but if it has separate handles, it is almost certainly repairable.

Thankyou for your input, this is the system I am looking at, I'm unsure as to where I would find the parts that require replacing. I'm inexperienced in this department, the water that drips isn't hot so I imagine its from cold side, but unsure as to whether the tiles require removal.

Attachments

• 20211228_170506.jpg
    20211228_170506.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 13
They look like 1/4 turn on3s, so as per @Ric2013, you’ll need cartridges. However, you’ll need the make/model of tap, or be lucky and obtain generic ones, by process of elimination.
Which translates as, you'll need to get the cartridges out before you know exactly what parts you'll need. Though I must say it's not immediately obvious how you get to the cartridges. If I were there, I'd need to fiddle and try various approaches. The tap heads may simply pull off, but more likely there will be a well-masked screw somewhere. Very mich doubt the tiles will need to move: taps are usually designed to be serviceable.

Thanyou to all, I have removed the control handles and there is what looks a 15/16mm nut around the centre toothed control shaft, do you think this could be turned to remove the cartridge? Just asking before I fiddle myself.

Thanyou to all, I have removed the control handles and there is what looks a 15/16mm nut around the centre toothed control shaft, do you think this could be turned to remove the cartridge? Just asking before I fiddle myself.
Yes, it will be. Most of where I work, the tap inserts/cartridges are a 17mm size.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to How to fix a drippings tap from tiles. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock