Search the forum,

Discuss How to fit a wall mount bath tap? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Just bought a Crosswater Fusion 3 hole wall mounted bath tap. Can't for the life of me figure how I can fit and secure it.

According to the instructions there are two screwed flanges on the body of the tap that hold the tap. Sounds reasonable except that the length of the tap and hence max space between the flanges isn't enough to take the backerboard and tile, let alone a mounting plate as well (which would be ideal).

I could cut a big hole in the backerboard and just hold it to the tile (and a thin mounting plate) but that seems like a bodge as the plate will need well sealing to the backerboard.

Any ideas. Thanks

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 27
I'm building a false wall at the end of the bath about 9cm from the solid back wall. Partly to conceal the taps, shower control etc and partly to get the bath in the right place. I can therefore build the wall with whatever is necessary to hold the taps. Building out of 2x3 timber. I was then going to face it with cement backer board and then tiles. Thickness of backer and tiles will be about 24mm and length of tap is only ablout 25mm. (so it might grip on one thread if i'm lucky and attach it straight to the backer board).

That's is what I would do the tap has fixings holes which would screw to the timber construction you could do something like this the plumbing will be hidden in then studwork and covered with Wedi tile backer board the tiled . Kop

Attachments

• IMG_20190401_135829.jpg
    IMG_20190401_135829.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20190403_180523.jpg
    IMG_20190403_180523.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Could something like Munson ring clips and threaded rod cut to appropriate length work in your situation? Just a thought...

Thanks for the input KOP.
However the taps are Wall mounted so have to connect through from the back of the wall. The wall is full height as it has the shower controls etc further up. Also the tap has no fixing holes
Tap.jpg

[automerge]1571513809[/automerge]
Could maybe use 6mm backerboard instead of 12mm but that's nor recommended for the application. I could the attach the pipework to wooden frame. The back flange on the tap could then align with the back of the backer board but I couldn't screw it in as there isn't room to swing a screwdriver. Starting to look like a bodge. Given that it's a quality tap in its intended application I'm struggling to seewhat i'm missing.

Last edited:
Same principle Gilbert construct your stud work fit the brassware to timber supports and connect the water supplies test out heres another one I did give you a idea the most important thing I'd correct positioning and fitting at the correct depth in the wall . Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191019-203035_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20191019-203035_Photos.jpg
    606.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20191019-203102_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20191019-203102_Photos.jpg
    927.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 20171204_150506.jpg
    20171204_150506.jpg
    989.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20180312_153245.jpg
    20180312_153245.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
  • 20180312_153343.jpg
    20180312_153343.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
Need to be creative, this one was a mare.

Busy with the sds to get it into the wall. Made harder by having to plaster rather than tile.

20191010_151626.jpg

Post few pictures Gilbert let's see what you are doing we may be able to assist you better . Regards kop

I would call the Crosswater Technical team in Dartford, they are quite good with their advice.

The tap that you have is the model intended to be fitted to a full length composite bathroom / shower wall panel, with a stainless steel stiffener plate behind it. Hence the (narrow) width of the gap between the rear face of the tap and the backing nut.

Thanks Brambles. Good advice. I'll give them a call on Monday. It would be nice if they said that on the item description or even the installation instructions. The installation instructions are a disgrace.
Cheers

Spoke to Crosswater today and they were totally useless. Their only sugestion is to have a thinner bit of wall and support the pipework. So I'm goingf top have to take a big hole out of the backerboard. Make something strong but thinner to support them and then somehow make sure it is properly sealed. hey ho. And i thought Crosswater was supposed to be good. No point good quality if a pig to fit. Even asked about their more expensive tap at twice the price and same answer.

I don't know who told you Crosswater was good. Wont fit their gear by choice anymore. Had issues with 3 showers, poor quality brass.

Just looking back at your photo I had similar valves a few months ago but they were for a bath filler through the overflow and were mounted directly to the bath.

Reply to How to fit a wall mount bath tap? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock