Search the forum,

Discuss how to find work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chaingang86

just a question thats probably been done to death but how do you guys go about finding work as i think trust a trader and the like are robbing b5stards thanks in advance

Its the age old question but
once word gets about that your trustworthy and do a good quality job -

work finds you !

More and more im finding i get calls from recommendation.
I don't use trust a trader or any of them, some swear by them and i may be missing out - I'll never know.....

I get all of my work from recommendations and a good web site. I cant keep up with the amount of work I have now and I don't advertise anywhere. Its very hard when you start up, it takes a long time to build up a customer base and their are no short cuts.

i have 1, emergency contract
1, national (local) pro-active contract
1, estate agent,
1, landlord
£25k

and private customers.

only advertise in one place/organisation for £350pa
plus freeindex

4 of those pay more than i would charge to privates!

I use checkatrade and was very sceptical at first about it but i do get quite a bit of work from it now.
I do use couple other minor bits n bobs but not much .

mainly word of mouth..
also get a few jobs off facebook from those pages like "for sale or wanted in (yourtown)"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to how to find work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock