Search the forum,

Discuss How to disconnect Franke sensor faucet from control box in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have an issue with the faucet (Franke Atlas Neo Sensor) and it will require it to be sent back to the manufacturer. However I have an issue with disconnecting the hoses from the control box (Franke control box). The hoses plug into the control box without screwing, they're simply pressed into a kind of an "outlet", which has a plastic guide around it. I can't pull these out no matter how I try, by hands. I haven't tried to use tools just yet because I'd like to avoid damaging and thus voiding my warranty doing so.

One of the four hoses that plug like this can be pulled out, by hand, for about 1.5 cm, but then no more, it holds like crazy. There are 4 hoses that are connected like this (top 3 and middle bottom on the picture).

Any tips?

PD002_115.0625.489-crop.1610543113365.png

It is a push in fitting connector.
To release, you have to push in the plastic collet around and pull the hose out simultaneously.
Then it does not grip
Same way as many pneumatic connectors

As above, you will need to push in a collar on the fitting in order to move away the grip ring and allow the pipe to be released.
It may be possible to do this from outside of the control box, provided there is enough room between the pipe and the plastic guide.
If not you will need to remove the plastic guide, or possibly need to open up the box to gain access to the collars.

Reply to How to disconnect Franke sensor faucet from control box in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock