Search the forum,

Discuss How to disassemble this tap in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I have a tap in my bathroom which has a slow drip leak. I can't figure out how to disassemble the tap. I think it is a John Sydney model and is about 15 years old but that's all the info I have about it. I've attached a picture of the tap.
Any ideas about how to disassemble it?
Thanks.
tap.jpg

If its 15 years old I would just change it.
It looks like a quarter turn tap which means its not a washer change its a cartridge, which I doubt you'll find because they aren't just generic parts

Realistically, a lot of us have kits in our vans that will allow us to make a cartridge to fit, 90% of the time anyway. Or, if you can get the cartridge out, a plumbers' merchant may have something that will fit.

Probably there is a screw hidden under a pull-off cap on the handle and a nut hidden under the cap shroud to get the cartridge out.

Reply to How to disassemble this tap in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello folks, I’m trying to fix this slow leaking tap myself and I’m stuck here. How do I dismantle it further to replace whatever needs replacing to fix the drip? (The chrome ring round the top will not unscrew by hand.) Many thanks
Replies
Views
I'm having a nightmare trying to find matt black wall or deck mounted bath mixer taps with 3/4 fitting that work on 0.2 bar. From tank to tap, I have around 2.4 metres, so a pressure of a little over 0.2 bar. The flow measured from the tap currently fitted is 11 litres per minute. Pretty much...
Replies
Views
Hello, I need some advise, will greatly appreciate if someone can help. My mixer tap is leaking from base want to renew it. However the tap cold/hot water feed is connected via connectors/fittings as shown in attached picture. Can anyone please advise how to disconnect tap from these fittings as...
Replies
Views
Hi, My Blanco Kitchen Tap Model Swift BM1420 is leaking. Please see attached photos for details of where water leaks from. What I've done so far. I replaced the cartridge. Leak persisted. Bought some replacement seals and tried to put in place of the old ones. Here's what I did next. Remove...
Replies
Views
Hi. Can anyone help me get into this tap? I have them on the bathroom sink and bath and 2 out of 4 are dripping. I've have had two plumbers in to replace the washers and neither could get them open. The gold coloured ring under the top unscrews on two of them but won't budge on the ones that...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock