Search the forum,

Discuss How to connect WC to soil pipe at an unusual angle in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi! First time posting here! Great forum, a novice DIYer attempting to fit my first bathroom out.
I'm installing a bathroom into a bedroom, the bedroom was previously used as a bathroom (40+ years ago) but all the waste and soil pipes have been removed leaving the soil/waste pipe holes in the wall behind.

So my situation is as follows...

• 120mm hole already exists in the wall suitable for toilet waste.
  • Hole slopes downards from inside the room to outside at a 20deg angle.
  • Hole is offset from the back of the pan by about 70mm. The pan exit is 70mm higher than the hole.
  • Prefer not to use a long flexible pan connector as connector will be exposed. My opinion, they are ugly (as is boxing one in!)
I'm struggling to find a white 20 deg soil pipe bend or 20 deg pan connectors for sale anywhere, even online.
Does anyone have any other suggestions? I'd rather avoid bricking the hole up and re-drilling it, but that seems my only option at the moment.

Thanks!

You can get adjustable pan connectors a quick Google will find what you need then go local merchant for it.

Firstly, as it's so old, it is unlikely to be at the correct height for today's WCs. They are today typically 185mm from floor to spigot centre.

Good connectors are designed to accommodate a mere 5 degree variation in fitting. For me, this means to guarantee it will be poo tight long term I'd brick up the existing hole & then core drill using a PipeSnug on the outside to minimise heat loss.

Reply to How to connect WC to soil pipe at an unusual angle in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock