Search the forum,

Discuss How to connect two pvc pipes small space in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

20221009_025320.jpg

Help needed for a DIY-er. I lifted my floorboard one night at 2am after a month of not knowing where my leak was coming from. I've numerous holes in my living room ceiling and had 3 different plumbers out from different companies unable to find the problem and all charging me for doing other things which had nothing to do with the leak 😣
This seems to have been a problem the previous owners had as it had been patched up... i replaced the elbow joint with a push device which seems to be holding but the problem is this middle section (there was an old connector leaking so i removed it). A push connector wont work as you can see its too small a space and the floorboard wont go down again. I bought a straight connector but its 21.5mm and the pipe is 22mm so it doesnt fit.. I cant seem to find any connectors that arent bulky which will fit the pvc pipe together. Thanks in advance

Is it an overflow pipe serving just that lavatory which is in the picture?

If so I would remove that pipe entirely and have the lavatory overflow going down the pan, either via the drop valve or syphon depending on what type it is - and then fit a blank plug into the old overflow hole.

If you show a photo of the cistern including where any pipes are joined to it, and one of the inside of the cistern - we can confirm this and tell you how to do it.

Hi, thanks for your replies. It was leaking badly this morning at the corner push-fit section, so my plumbing skills have definitely failed.

Interesting. I'll have to work out if it is the toilet overflow. Would that make sense to flow into the water tank. I was convinced it was the toilet as I dyed the water blue (with food colouring) and the water leaking was blue! I'm now reading about the float valve and washer and water pressure, seems a lot to get my head around.

Thanks for your plumbing input. Have learnt much more on these forums and online.

Reply to How to connect two pvc pipes small space in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock