Search the forum,

Discuss How to connect two aqualisa quartz digital pumped showers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

ValG

Hi
I currently have an aqualisa quartz digital pumped shower installed on a gravity fed system. The cold is fed directly from the cold water storage tank and the hot is taken as the first feed off the hot water supply from the cylinder using an anti gravity loop (no Surrey or Essex flange). I am considering fitting a second aqualisa pumped shower. I want to connect the second pump to the existing hot and cold feeds i.e. t off them. I have thought about not having both working at the same time and was going to install a switch in order to switch the power between one or the other so that both could not be on at the same time. My question is whether I would have any problems with air being drawn into the system from the pump not in use when the other is on. I was going to site the second pump/processor next to the existing one.

And yes I do know about part P and will get an electrician to check electrical circuit but I just want to know if this is feasible from a plumbing perspective.

So you want to install a 2nd shower next to the original one ? My question is why ? So 2 people could shower ? What size is your cold water cistern ? What size is your cylinder ? If ypur not going to be using both at the same time then yes you could tee and connect up ! But whats the point in the second unit if you cant use them same time ?

Why not just go for a plain old electric shower as your second shower. Back up if you have run out of stored hot water.

If the pipe is 22mm you should have no problems. I would not worry about them running simultaneously. It is the storage capacity of the tank and the recovery time of the cylinder which will be more of an influence on the implementation.

I should have said that the second shower is to go in the ensuite which is adjacent to the main bathroom. I was going to site the pump/processors next to each other for ease of access/any maintenance. There would then only be one 15mm pipe to route to the ensuite and with the exposed aqualisa shower this pipe goes inside the shower rail so only one hole in the ceiling and no pipe work to chase in. I didn't really want an electric shower as from my experience these do not give a very powerful spray and also wouldn't this involve putting in a dedicated power supply from CU. The hot and cold feeds are in 15mm as this is what the aqualisa pumped shower requires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to connect two aqualisa quartz digital pumped showers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I thought I'd share my experience of dealing with Aqualisa about their Quartz Digital Diverter. When selecting the slider rail handset the water would also constantly drip \ stream water from the overhead rain head. When selecting the rain head the pressure was very reduced and the water...
Replies
Views
Hello all, So been having somewhat of a time with my Aqualisa Quartz 9.5 electric shower. A few.month ago I put up with a few problems it was having and in the end I replaced everything, new engine and new front cover . This was working great for a month or so, but now noticed an intermittent...
Replies
Views
I have an old Aqualisa A2 processor and am doing a refit. I would like to add a digital diverter, but not sure if they are compatible. So first question... Is a digital diverter compatible with an Aqualisa Quartz A2 (pumped - gravity fed). I have a feeling it's not, and I don't have the funds...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is unvented and pressurised. The cold water feed into this cylinder is from the attic tank, not the mains as I turned off the mains stopcock to see if hot...
Replies
Views
Hello All, New to the forum so apologies if do any faux pas. But I have an Aqalisa Electric Quartz Shower 9.5kw (8 years old) and currently it is only giving out cold water regardless of where the temperature control is placed, the only difference is the more you move to the dial to the cold...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock