Search the forum,

Discuss How to check if air tight trapped sealed gully was installed as designed? in the Canada area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Zip water heater installed in a cupboard under the kitchen island. There is not normally any discharge into the Zip "font" in the worktop other than maybe a small amount of near-boiling water. The Zip guy accused us of chucking dregs down there, which I categorically deny. There is a sewer smell from the cupboard area and when most powerful it is throughout the kitchen. The brass and copper pipework around the Zip boiler unit is corroded black. Zip guy said that was some sort of corrosive atmosphere. Now according to my architects drawings (from extension build 12 years ago) the outflow from the Zip unit goes under the kitchen floor via 110 upvc, from an "air tight trapped sealed gully" and out to the sewer line. So maybe the builder/plumber did not install as directed, however it is strange that the smell is recent, not been a problem over the years. How then do I check (as a DIY-er) if that gully is properly sealed/trapped? Any advice will be gratefully received.

Reply to How to check if air tight trapped sealed gully was installed as designed? in the Canada area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer, o-ring or gland, for this type of tap. Maybe, no one ever replaces this type of washer/component? Background: I discovered a leak in the cupboard from...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Apologies for the mammoth post but my neighbours and I really need some advice... I recently purchased a flat that was built in 2016. The apartment is still under the NHBC 10yr warranty. Since moving in, I discovered that the rainwater pipe that runs through my winter garden balcony...
Replies
Views
Hi sorry im a newbie, pls help if u can. I had a new bathroom installed about a yr ago and since then when i flush the toilet the room stinks of sewer gas. Not only does the b/room stink it also smells in the kitchen too, which is directly below the toilet/b-room. It doesnt do it everytime...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm currently estimating on installing a new shower pump to feed an existing bath/shower diverter. Hot side: fit flange and spherical valve and Y strainer to old cylinder, reduce to 15 mm and to pump flexi and reconnect existing hot distributing pipe. Repair shelf in AC and fit twin...
Replies
Views
New LPG installation with 2x 19kg cylinders outside, plus change-over regulator with isolator valve on output, then 10 metres of 15mm copper pipe (3 soldered joints only) running into house to the kitchen, to gas hob (with another isolator just prior to hob). System Failing tightness test...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock