Search the forum,

Discuss How to change cartridge on unusual mixer tap without removable cap in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Any idea how to get into the cartridge on this tap. I can remove the spout and also unscrew the sleeve on both hot and cold. No idea if there is a cap for the levers to remove. Thought for a while that it was an anti clockwise unscrew, but that doesn't work either :-(
mixer_tap.jpg

Hello,
Some of that type of mixer tap will have a tiny grub screw under the shaft of handle part. You need a small Allen key to unscrew it.
Might also need a rubber mallet to tap the handles off

Hello,
Some of that type of mixer tap will have a tiny grub screw under the shaft of handle part. You need a small Allen key to unscrew it.
Might also need a rubber mallet to tap the handles off

You are spot on with this, thanks! I didn't realise screw holes could be so small.....

As a bonus question - how to establish which model of cartridge it is?

My default will be to remove it and take it to the merchant for ID, but I guess there may be a more scientific way.....

It looks similar to a Franke Olympus tap. Does it have printed on the front of the tap base the word FRANKE ?
If it is Franke brand you could check identification of tap by going online to Central Services Franke taps.
Otherwise you could take the cartridge to merchants along with the tap handle to see if they have works that fit the handle and of a similar length including the splines part.

It looks similar to a Franke Olympus tap. Does it have printed on the front of the tap base the word FRANKE ?
If it is Franke brand you could check identification of tap by going online to Central Services Franke taps.
Otherwise you could take the cartridge to merchants along with the tap handle to see if they have works that fit the handle and of a similar length including the splines part.
Can't spot an ID, but as you say it does look similar. Trip to the merchant seems likely. Thanks again.

Reply to How to change cartridge on unusual mixer tap without removable cap in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock