Search the forum,

Discuss How to change a water filter cartridge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I was wondering if anyone can give me simple instructions of how to change an Acquifier water filter cartridge?
I believe I have to turn the water off first, under the sink, and need to locate a quarter turn valve.
I was wondering if anyone can help me locate this valve or a point under the sink where I switch off water so I can replace the cartridge.
I assume I also need to switch off the mains water point.
H under sink water cartridge.jpg ere is an image of under the sink - the think blue piping leads to the cartridge that needs to be replaced.

Thank you!

under sink water cartridge.jpg

It will be fed from the mains water supply, so just turn that off if you can’t find a valve locally. Either st your stopcock or out in the street.

You can try turning the washing machine valve off that feeds the filter sometimes they work sometimes they stick if not as Ben says mains off etc

You can try turning the washing machine valve off that feeds the filter sometimes they work sometimes they stick if not as Ben says mains off etc
Have some kitchen roll or a bowl to hand to collect the water and open it slowly to see if it has held.

or open your filter tap and turn the valve off if it stops your good to go as harv says have a towel ready for any drips etc

Many thanks all. This is really helpful. I shall try the suggestions and certainly turn off at mains. I can't see anything understeer sink that I would need to switch off. I assumed I would need to turn off a valve here but don't know what I'm looking for....I hope that turning off at mains would suffice and then do a quick filter replacement. ..

That's really fantastic JC. Brilliant . Many thanks. It's much appreciated. I shall give the valve a turn bit will switch off at mains as extra precaution. :D:)

Reply to How to change a water filter cartridge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock