Search the forum,

Discuss How to change a washer in the shower in the Ireland area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Deleted member 117499

Hi all,

I need to change a washer on a leaking tap in my shower, but I can't figure out how to get the tap out to change it.

I can unscrew the base of the tap from the wall and get it out from the wall a little way and I can see where I would need to get a spanner/wrench onto the brass piece underneath to turn it, but I don't have a tool that can reach into the small gap and I can't see a way to actually take the tap head off as there is no screw or allen key piece in it.

Can anyone help me as to how I should go about this?

I've also attached some photos so you can see what I mean.

Thanks,

Maitreya

washer1.jpgwasher3.jpgwasher2.jpg

That head gear should come off, try looking for a grub screw in the handle (possibly where the cross head stem meets the spindle)

A lot of times the cross handle will just pull off, it can take a lot of force unfortunately.
Bad design, but it looks nicer than a grub screw apparently.

If that is a quarter turn tap, rather than a screw down one, then there will be no washer inside, but a cartridge. You would need to find an exact match for the cartridge, for which it would be much better to know the make and model of the tap. Be prepared for a shock at the price.

Reply to How to change a washer in the shower in the Ireland area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock