Search the forum,

Discuss How to avoid the trolls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
We're clearly going through some clearing up at the moment and it's easy to get caught up in that. I've just unbanned somebody I banned assuming they were in the same posting pattern as a troll I banned. Turns out they weren't. And just perhaps clicked like on a couple of their posts as they're liking a lot at the mo. Fair enough.

So just a quick reminder to be careful of who you're liking.

If we get a thread posted, and the same couple of people are the first to reply with something that isn't helping the OP out at all, it was probably intentionally created to send the thread off, or to attract my attention and get me take bait, maybe. We'll never know.

There are half a dozen clicking like on each others posts when they do this, so I assume they're giggling in a facebook group while they're doing it 'try say this now to this one'. Just need get a life and move out their mums or whatever I think. :)

Either way - have a good think about who it is you're liking when it is in fact off-topic. You could be encouraging the troll, and then we'll never get rid of the plonkers. :D

I tend to find even somebody who trolls a lot can help the OP out in the odd post. So if you clock them do that, then fair enough click like, we're encouraging them to post better. But when they're just responding to get attention, and then you click like, you're reinforcing their weird obsessions over posting in such a way. And that's bad news for us all. And them in the end.

Cheeeeerrrsss

Not really noticed it Dan if I am honest but I tend to avoid topics which have been covered over and over again or seem not quite right I don't encourage theses type of posters by answering, if anything I have noticed we are getting less likes clicked for our efforts even Harvest is putting please press the like button if his information has been helpful and we are on everyday . Regards kop

Yesterday I put up some information to a poster who clearly found my advice helpful but I didn't get a like. So, I replied with something along the lines of "Can I be cheeky and ask for a like if you found my post helpful" but then I thought I looked a bit pathetic doing that so edited that out again.

I'd like to ask if new members when signing up to ask for advice are informed of the system here and told they should or could give a "Like" if they receive helpful responses? It hasn't happened much but I've had a couple of positive responses from homeowners but they've not bothered to upvote my post and it feels a little deflating when we are being judged on our ratios. Maybe I'm just a bit sensitive or a saddo? I don't know...

It’s all getting very complicated now, it seems gone are the days when forums were a simple place where, if one had a problem could ask for a little help maybe get a few different angles on a solution...
I guess that’s progress.

Not sure why you think that can't happen now.

That's exactly what was being sabotaged by a few numpties. We are back on track now thankfully. :)

Was a long time coming.

Reply to How to avoid the trolls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock