Search the forum,

Discuss How To Add Videos To The Videos Area in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Go to the Videos section. Click the Orange Add Media button.

1569288618466.png

Then paste the URL of the video you've found on social media sites. And follow the instructions. :)

1569288660181.png

You need to click EMBED on this page if you do it this way.

1569288717547.png

1569288744619.png

Last edited:
Evening all,
I need help with a Worcester Bosch Danesmoor oil boiler, it uses an Electro Oil Sterling burner 26/32.
It has had an intermittent fault for a couple of years. It is old 15yrs ish and has been serviced every year by an OFTEC guy. It randomly goes to lockout on startup. Had the guy out to it 2 yrs ago - he just wanted to change parts , probably from his experience. Fair enough. Motor capacitor, solenoid valve solenoid. No better !! It would be faultless for a day sometimes a week. Eventually I decided to have a go and bled the pump, eureka. Been ok for a year but it's now back with a vengeance failing most days. Usually at startup from cold. I have had the burner out and with the pump solenoid unplugged there is a continuous soft arc across the electrodes at startup. The OFTEC guy serviced it last summer , new nozzle new electrodes and cleaned it out and checked the smoke. Ok after that until now. Quite often it will start ok just pushing the lockout reset button on the TF 832-3 sequence controller. If it wont I bleed the pump during startup and away she goes. It is very difficult to fault find it as I can't make it fail to order. I can hear the solenoid valve "click" ok every time I am watching it. I feel it is an oil problem. Can the valve stick with old age? Is the sparking too feeble? Could air get in from old pump seal. I should add the filters are clean. Could the controller be intermittent opening the solenoid valve ? Have you seen it all before? I can get him back but it very difficult if I can't show him the problem. Sorry for the ramble.

Reply to How To Add Videos To The Videos Area in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but donā€™t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Iā€™m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. Iā€™m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock