Search the forum,

Discuss How on earth do I remove this kind of toilet seat? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, I recently bought one of those under the seat bidet sprayers for my toilet, but cannot for the life of me work out how to get the seat off in order to install it! I'm not a dumb person and reasonably handy, but there seems to be no way to access the fixings, not from underneath, top or the sides and it doesn't slide easily (I haven't forced it too hard as I don't want to break anything). I even asked a plumber that was at my place doing some other work and he said it must be one that you have to remove the whole toilet just to take off the seat. I just don't believe that—it's just an ordinary, floor standing toilet... please help!

Attachments

• IMG_3393.JPG
    IMG_3393.JPG
    471.4 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3392.JPG
    IMG_3392.JPG
    486.3 KB · Views: 54
Hi all, I recently bought one of those under the seat bidet sprayers for my toilet, but cannot for the life of me work out how to get the seat off in order to install it! I'm not a dumb person and reasonably handy, but there seems to be no way to access the fixings, not from underneath, top or the sides and it doesn't slide easily (I haven't forced it too hard as I don't want to break anything). I even asked a plumber that was at my place doing some other work and he said it must be one that you have to remove the whole toilet just to take off the seat. I just don't believe that—it's just an ordinary, floor standing toilet... please help!
Can you show me a picture of underneath the toilet? To show the underside of were the seat is joined to the pan. ?

Can you show me a picture of underneath the toilet? To show the underside of were the seat is joined to the pan. ?
There is no access to the fittings under, just smooth sides of the toilet, difficult to get a decent photo

Attachments

• IMG_3405.JPG
    IMG_3405.JPG
    628.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3407.JPG
    IMG_3407.JPG
    515.2 KB · Views: 47
two clips at the back of seat push toward each other, pull all the seat and lid forward.
unscrew two bolts, job done

There is no access to the fittings under, just smooth sides of the toilet, difficult to get a decent photo
Who on earth installed the toilet with the flexi pipe wrapped around the waste pipe like that. The pic we wanted was the underside of the toilet looking up from where the fitting goes through the toilet. Also ,similar to what cjg stated if you look at the fixings once lose it can just slide of, when the fitting is tightened it pulls the seat down onto the pan. I am 99% certain you can undo it from the underside.

Whole seats slides to the right

but you can’t fit a bidet spray to mains water

Hi, did you manage to work this out? I have a similar lid and can't get it come off (note: sliding to the side doesn't work)

Hi, did you manage to work this out? I have a similar lid and can't get it come off (note: sliding to the side doesn't work)
Yes, the fittings are in fact threaded and the only access is from below / behind. Because I am hypermobile, I was able to squat down and bend my small arms around in an abnormal position to just barely unscrew the fittings from underneath. But most people will have to take the entire toilet apart to access this area... or, as someone on another forum suggested, get a small child to do it!

Hi stiggy77 did you manage to get your problem sorted? My toilet seat is from Victoria Plumb and I've got a replacement as the cover / lid has come off and my husband is refusing to put the new one on as he says its too much trouble. I've added some photos as I can't see any way of taking the seat off the pan. As a VERY novice plumber I don't want to force anything but I can't get the current seat (which no longer has a lid) off to put the complete replacement on. Any thoughts? I did wonder if the bolt thing thats poking out (more one side than the other) needs unscrewing. I think that's part of the problem as I don't think it was ever long enough to safely keep the toilet seat in situ. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Attachments

• 20210927_Toilet pan LHS bolt.jpg
    20210927_Toilet pan LHS bolt.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 20210927_Toilet pan RHS bolt sticks out more.jpg
    20210927_Toilet pan RHS bolt sticks out more.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210927_Toilet pan seat up.jpg
    20210927_Toilet pan seat up.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210927_Toilet pan LHS.jpg
    20210927_Toilet pan LHS.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 11
Slides forward but there might be a slide catch on the back edge

Hi stiggy77 did you manage to get your problem sorted? My toilet seat is from Victoria Plumb and I've got a replacement as the cover / lid has come off and my husband is refusing to put the new one on as he says its too much trouble. I've added some photos as I can't see any way of taking the seat off the pan. As a VERY novice plumber I don't want to force anything but I can't get the current seat (which no longer has a lid) off to put the complete replacement on. Any thoughts? I did wonder if the bolt thing thats poking out (more one side than the other) needs unscrewing. I think that's part of the problem as I don't think it was ever long enough to safely keep the toilet seat in situ. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Hi @noviceplumber, unforutnately I still haven't figured out how to take it off, The advice I received doesn't seem to be applicable with this seat :( I can't find any 'buttons' on it. Once I figure it out, I'll let you know!

Reply to How on earth do I remove this kind of toilet seat? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock