Search the forum,

Discuss How much to re-level a walk in shower floor? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

The floor in my walk in shower is not level anymore so the water is collecting instead of going down the drain.
  • How much would it cost to re-level the floor?
  • Can the current tiles be reused?

Thanks all

Attachments

• IMG_0110.JPG
    IMG_0110.JPG
    345.2 KB · Views: 12
Needs ripping up and starting again as something is wrong if the level has moved / dropped

Drain clear / clean ?

Needs ripping up and starting again as something is wrong if the level has moved / dropped

Drain clear / clean ?
I seems to be an issue with the level of the floor rather than the drain as when I turn the shower off the water just sits there, pooled in the lower left corner of the image (I have mopped up the water so you can't see in that image). all water by the drain disappears. Roughly how much would it cost to rip it up and re-level it and re-tile?

Can’t give costs as don’t know how bad the damage is you might have to re do the whole floor

How longs a piece of string, rotten timbers possibly to replace. I would want at least the first row of wall tiles off to get new tanking up the wall.
Maybe 4 days plus materials and new tiles.

That's not a terribly short lifetime for a shower. Problem is finding and fixing the cause of the fault. Did you have the work done?

That's not a terribly short lifetime for a shower. Problem is finding and fixing the cause of the fault. Did you have the work done?
It was built in 2004 so all the work was done before I moved in. What do you think possible causes could be? Building subsidence?

Get a window cleaning squeegee on a long pole and use that to push the water to the drain - much quicker/easier than mopping it up.

It was built in 2004 so all the work was done before I moved in. What do you think possible causes could be? Building subsidence?
It's not really building subsidence but local subsidence in the shower floor. As you don't know how it was constructed it's impossible to guess the cause.
Best bite the bullet before the poor drainage does more harm I'm afraid.
Is there a light fitting or similar in the ceiling below that would allow you to look up at the construction?

It's not really building subsidence but local subsidence in the shower floor. As you don't know how it was constructed it's impossible to guess the cause.
Best bite the bullet before the poor drainage does more harm I'm afraid.
Yes I do worry that it might start damaging the floor area. If I start saving I'll have around £1400 in a few months so I will look in to sorting it then.

Reply to How much to re-level a walk in shower floor? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock