Search the forum,

Discuss How much do you pay for Roth gas bottles? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Best

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
I find merchants prices on gas varies.
But noticed B&Q are £15.20 Propane and £21 Mapp. :eek:
However, Homebase are £7.20 Propane and £8.45 Mapp (the Rothenberger bottles)

Heating world of spares propane 5.20 and mapp 6.50 both plus vat and are vortex 400g

As Simon around the 6-7 per bottle or 5 if you buy a case at a time

In comparison, Homebase price isn’t too bad, considering it is not trade.
Being charged a lot more here.
I think mainland delivery only for gas bottles

I just wish they would fill them to the top , they don't seem to last 2 mins , lol .

I get around a month out of mine

You sure it’s not leaking ?

Nah I am taking the pi** , I generally get them from plumbs and when I walk to the counter , I just say make sure its full , they just laugh at me now.

You should take a small electronic scale in with you next time and weigh each gas bottle on the counter.
When they ask what you are doing, just say you are a bit tight and concerned they are hiring the bottles out to folk and later selling the half empty bottles to you. :p

You should take a small electronic scale in with you next time and weigh each gas bottle on the counter.
When they ask what you are doing, just say you are a bit tight and concerned they are hiring the bottles out to folk and later selling the half empty bottles to you. :p

Genius!!!!

I finished a job last week and the old gave me 4 bottles of MAPP he had in his shed for nothing. God knows what he had them for

Just shows Homebase is decent price for Mapp. If yours includes vat, that is £2.87 a bottle cheaper

There's no VAT here but everything is expensive shipping wise so I think it's swings and roundabouts on that one.

I find merchants prices on gas varies.
But noticed B&Q are £15.20 Propane and £21 Mapp. :eek:

The fact that B&Q is double what the market is at makes me suspect that they'll be having a 'half price sale' at some point in the near future, possibly this BH weekend. They'll be able to claim 'Propane £7.60 that's 50% off!!!'

Chains often mess around with prices in a sample of stores in order to gauge where they are on the price vs demand curve.

In these (400g) quantities you're basically paying for the tin, shelf space and delivery and getting 50p worth of propane chucked in for free.

Does anyone else still use a 3.9kg bottle? I bought one years ago and it’s still going strong. I’ve got a 400g one for little bits that’s convenient but don’t think you can beat a rubber hose for access.

Does anyone else still use a 3.9kg bottle? I bought one years ago and it’s still going strong. I’ve got a 400g one for little bits that’s convenient but don’t think you can beat a rubber hose for access.

Mate of mine uses a 3.9kg bottle. He loves it.

I stopped using the big bottles and old style torch with hose once I got used to SF torch. Still have them though.

You can get an adaptor fitting for the SF torch to use a hose from big gas bottles with usual regulator

I stopped using the big bottles and old style torch with hose once I got used to SF torch. Still have them though.

You can get an adaptor fitting for the SF torch to use a hose from big gas bottles with usual regulator

That’s what I have, I’ve got one with a 400g bottle for little bits but find the torch with a hose easier for tight spaces etc.

That looks handy.

I bought the brass adapter part for the Roth bottle side and did use it together with the old fashioned long hose and torch.
I do miss using the old torch with hose which was handier than the SF when soldering.

I was able to put the old torch below a pipe between joists etc, pointing flame up, which often cannot be done with the SF with fixed bottle.
Also preferred the button to squeeze to regulate the flame on old torch.

Bought a second hand one over 30 yrs ago, with Bullfinch torch, good for burning out lead joints on CI soil stack. Have SF2 for soldering now.

I bought the brass adapter part for the Roth bottle side and did use it together with the old fashioned long hose and torch.
I do miss using the old torch with hose which was handier than the SF when soldering.

I was able to put the old torch below a pipe between joists etc, pointing flame up, which often cannot be done with the SF with fixed bottle.
Also preferred the button to squeeze to regulate the flame on old torch.

Only time I preffered the old bottle and hose style was on a cold day. Angle the nozzle so you were not going to set the house on fire and leave it running. Soon warmed up a little bathroom.

The amount of times I was up a ladder with the bottle wedged between my knees soldering a prv thinking I'm either going to drop the bottle or fall off.

Only time I preffered the old bottle and hose style was on a cold day. Angle the nozzle so you were not going to set the house on fire and leave it running. Soon warmed up a little bathroom.

The amount of times I was up a ladder with the bottle wedged between my knees soldering a prv thinking I'm either going to drop the bottle or fall off.

Memories flooding back now of hooking the old style torch on the top of the bottle, where regulator outlet to hose is and keeping it running for a while in winter in empty freezing houses. :)

Memories flooding back now of hooking the old style torch on the top of the bottle, where regulator outlet to hose is and keeping it running for a while in winter in empty freezing houses. :)

I can remember the old boy that taught me was doing a private job and he said I dont want the bottle running out tomorrow and it was running literally all day up to 3:30 it was like a cooker in the house all so he didnt have to buy a bottle but booked it out on the company.

Reply to How much do you pay for Roth gas bottles? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock