Search the forum,

Discuss How long would it take to fit 21 TRV's? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

moonlight

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just had an email from a customer, wanting a quote.
How long would it take to fit 21 trvs, 21 locksheilds and 21 vents? The customer wants to buy all the parts. Would you do the job?
Thanks

I would think of my price and phone them with it to see the reaction, if it was a good one I would then go see it, if they want it for pennies I would decline. I find this type of job people expect it done for washers.

i used to say £40.00 a rad that included the valve (drayton valves)
i never understand the need for customer to buy all the bits and think they are saving money.
21 rads is a big system so drain down and fill could take a while especially if open vented

i used to say £40.00 a rad that included the valve (drayton valves)
i never understand the need for customer to buy all the bits and think they are saving money.
21 rads is a big system so drain down and fill could take a while especially if open vented
They want to buy all their own stuff. :(

They want to buy all their own stuff. :(

I personally wouldn't do it labour only.

They will only mither you if anything goes wrong after the job is done and you don't make any profit over and above wages. I would tell them you only supply and install your own materials so the warranty is carried fully by you.

The time depends on the job. If they're similar valves (I always change the nuts, olives and tails too) I would reckon about 1/2 hour per rad, once you've got going? you've seen it though.

If it needs draining off first add a couple of hours to empty it and fill it. So having said that, it sounds like at least a day and a half (12 hours) perhaps a bit more. That's if there are no issues such as:-
  • The existing rad valves have internal nuts and a longer body so the pipes aren't quite long enough
  • The olives have been crushed by the Gorilla who went before you.
  • The system suffers air locks through poor installation and you're there a lot longer than expected
  • The system is filthy and needs a flush/clean.
Give them a written (emailed) estimate for the work. Not a quote!

That's my advice, hope it helps.

Reply to How long would it take to fit 21 TRV's? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock