Search the forum,

Discuss How long has the regulation existed in regards to clips on fleu in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm not an engineer I'm just looking for some advice i live in a new build since construction have had my boiler serviced every year since i bought the house todays service is the first time i have been notified that my fleu doesn't have any clips fitted to support it i'm just wandering how long the regulation has been around for the use of clips as the engineer sent to my property couldn't remember of the top of his head. i am also in the process of selling my house so need to know if being issued with this warning notice will have any effect on that process.

Thanks in advance

Clips are not difficult to add.
A warning notice would normally mean that boiler should not be used and is not a good sign when buying.
Just get a clip fitted.
Rule has been around for forever but its not unusual for one to be missing.

I'm not an engineer I'm just looking for some advice i live in a new build since construction have had my boiler serviced every year since i bought the house todays service is the first time i have been notified that my fleu doesn't have any clips fitted to support it i'm just wandering how long the regulation has been around for the use of clips as the engineer sent to my property couldn't remember of the top of his head. i am also in the process of selling my house so need to know if being issued with this warning notice will have any effect on that process.

Thanks in advance
I thought all was was covered under part J of the building regulations. You can download it for free. There is a checklist that is given to the LA when doing this work (appendix A on part J)

I would say 8-10 years

Reply to How long has the regulation existed in regards to clips on fleu in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock