Search the forum,

Discuss How long does it take to Commission a new boiler in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

The boiler is installed, it just needs commissioning, I suppose when there are no faults because if there are then it is the same as asking how long is a piece of string?

The boiler is an Ideal Logic Max c35Kw, if that makes any difference.

Cheers

give us a bit more ! , why didnt the installer commission it ?
Sure - I posed the question badly....
What I meant is how long does it take to undertake the Benchmark Commissioning Checklist? If that is a daft question, them my apologies.

I want to know because the boss called me at 16:15 and said that the boiler would be up and running later that same day, but looking at thephotos, it seems that there was still quite a lot of work to do, including the commissioning. Safe to say, that the job ran over.

Actually, I can upload some photos, the first is what it looked like at 17:51 on the day of the install (some way off a finished job) and the remaining ones are what it looked like post commissioning on-hand over to the customer, bar the last one is what it looked like once they had returned and sealed the internal seal.- - following an AT RISK notice issued by the manufacturer.

And yes, the original flue terminal exit, was left open and exposed to the elements (it was the 24-25th January).

Attachments

• 007 Flue Installation In-Progress.jpg
    007 Flue Installation In-Progress.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 1-Hometeam Installation of Flue taken 2019 06 15 (7).jpg
    1-Hometeam Installation of Flue taken 2019 06 15 (7).jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 1-IMG_20220427_170034.jpg
    1-IMG_20220427_170034.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Hometeam Installation of Flue taken 2019 06 15 (2).jpg
    Hometeam Installation of Flue taken 2019 06 15 (2).jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20220427_170011.jpg
    IMG_20220427_170011.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 1-IMG_20220427_170533.jpg
    1-IMG_20220427_170533.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 26
I normally allow for an afternoon for completing / filling in the paperwork , commissioning and filling / making good

They should make good the old flue hole, at least temporarily block it up until they can.

Didn't you say this was a listed building? I must say all that flue hanging in a residential won't and doesn't look great.

Reply to How long does it take to Commission a new boiler in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock